Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

What's for Dinner?

This was a meal I made a couple of weeks ago and it was very good! Sorry, no picture! It is from Cooks Country magazine.

Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan-Sage Crust

1 (5oz) box Melba toast, broken into rough pieces, (i used Peppridge farm bread crumbs b/c that's what I had and it was good)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp grated zest and 1 tsp juice from 1 lemon
4 bone-in, rib-cut pork chops, 3/4 to 1 in thick

1. Oven to 425 and adjust rack to middle of oven. Pulse Melba toast prices, parmesan, 2 tbsp mayo, sage, 1/4 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp pepper in food processor until coursely ground. (can use blender) Transfer to shallow dish. Whisk remaining mayo, mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice in another shallow dish.
2. Cover pork chops with mayo and mustard mixture. One at a time, dredge chops in Melba crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Transfer chops to wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crust is golden brown and meant registers 145 degrees, 16 to 22 minutes.

4 comments:

The Martins said...

Yeah! Make it for your husband! -Ed

Newly Knable said...

MMM... sounds good! I've been wondering what happened to the weekly recipe. What should I serve with it?

The Martins said...

i served it with a broccoli rice cheesy casserole

wes mcmurray said...

Katie, I am starting to write your recipes down and plan to make them. Thanks so much. We will think of you guys - BBuddies!!
Love you, Jenn