Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

Our New Tricks

We have some new tricks around the Martin household. Micah and Caleb are growing so fast! I have two little boys who are just adorable, (I know I'm a little biased!), and they keep Ed and I entertained. Micah is really turning out to be the goofy one. His Sunday School teacher told us, he really likes to make the other laugh. I think we have a class clown on our hands. There are times I just laugh because I can't believe how much he has taken on Ed's humor. I basically have a little Ed running around!

Micah's new love is to be in his underwear. He has decided he doesn't like clothes too much and often times asks me to take his shirt or pants off. When we get ready for bath, he does a victory lap before he hops in the tub! He even has a naked boy dance! I don't know where he got it from! Here is a picture of him flexing his muscles. What you can't see is all he is wearing is underwear!


His other new trick is SOCCER! Micah is playing soccer this spring for the Y and so we went to Play it Again Sports and got him some cleats (or FWEATS, as he says it). They were used, so they were nice and cheap, but what surprised me was how they looked brand new. Anyway, he wants to wear them all the time. Yesterday, he put them and his shin pads on and just ran laps in the house. But it was great because he still isn't used to the cleats, so he kept tripping on the floor and falling. Ed took him out to "practice" and got some traditional soccer portraits!



My sweet Caleb is growing up so much. He is such a content baby. The doctors are concerned that he is not crawling or really even rolling over at this point. So we are going in for an early intervention evaluation. I assured them that I just have a fat happy baby who just likes to sit and watch his brother. He really loves his arms and raises them up often. A tradition in our family is "How big is Caleb?" "So Big!" He has adapted right in and has picked up the "So Big!" We caught him in action showing us how big he is. (Jen, makes me think of "How big is your baby? I just laugh thinking of Matt's voice!)

Caleb's newest trick is waving bye to people or even things, which is just precious. It cracks us up because he just lifts his hand with all seriousness. He waves bye now all the time. When he goes to bed, when we leave the house, when Ed leaves, while he is eating, etc. It is awesome! Who says my baby is delayed! His hair certainly isn't! I keep trying to trim it but it is just out of control. I think I need to take him in to get a "real" haircut soon! He's only 9 months and getting a real haircut! What's that about?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: