Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A visit with cousins

Last weekend we went to visit some friends and then traveled to old Kinston, NC to see Ed's brother and family.  With the cooler temps, it turned out to be a great weekend.  Both nights we just sat outside talking, and I was actually cold!  (Very different from the heat we are feeling now!)


The kids enjoyed being with their only cousin, Emma Claire.  She is absolutely adorable.  She loves people and is pretty laid back.  She is a Martin.  


It makes me wish they lived closer.  I grew up with a big group of extended family that did many things together.  I think we had around 20 grandchildren, most being between 18-25 now.  So I am on the upper end, but always really loved our get togethers.  We celebrated holidays together, went on vacation together, had dinner at each other's houses, spent the night, and even were just friends.


I've always wanted that for our kids, but the reality is that just isn't really going to happen the way that I would design it.  But that's ok.  For whatever reason, the Lord is not designing either of our families to be in the same "phase" of life at the same time.  


Emma is a year younger than Haleigh and I know they will really enjoy that as they get older.  I also continue to pray that the Lord will put others in our lives that may not be family, but will fill that void in our lives.


Here's some pics we snapped of our families.


Micah decided to put a toy crab in front of his face right at the camera went off!

Cousins