skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I'm Gonna Miss Them
This week we are preparing for a big week for us, all of us. Ed and I are taking our youth on a trip to Camp Barnabas. It is our first time going, and we are really excited. It is a camp for kids with special needs. Our students will pair up with a kid (ages 7-15) and basically walk through a week of camp with them. They will eat with them, sleep in a cabin with them, help them ride horses, swim in the pool, do the ropes course, go down the water slide, etc. This is a camp made just for them! So its going to be a challenging week, but a good week.
On the other hand, I'm about to pass on the kids to our parents. I am really struggling with it. I decided a while back that I just shouldn't even think about it because I would just worry. Well now I am here, and I'm not worrying, I'm just sad. I trust our parents, but 10 days is a LONG time. I'd like to think my kids will miss me. They need me...right?
So this week I'm savoring every kiss, every giggle, every hug, every "I love you", even every cute little face I'll wipe, and dirty hands I'll clean, and yes maybe even their cute little bottoms I'll wipe!
3 comments:
Katie, you are gonna do great! You will be so refreshed when you see them again, ready to tackle mom-hood with a brand new perspective:) I know it's hard...believe me...
I know what you mean...i REALLY struggled with sending just 2 of mine to the grandparents during Eli's surgery for 9 days. It was hard, but I agree with Tasha, it does renew your perspective and make you look forward to the (somewhat normal drudgery) of motherhood.
What an awesome camp idea!
This sounds like an amazing youth trip. I hope you are enjoying your time "away".
It has been sweet to see your boys at church! I love seeing all of your new pictures and the new blog design is fun!! <3 Lisa
Post a Comment