Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

9 Years and Counting...

I cannot describe to you how wonderful our anniversary weekend was!  Ed took me away for one night, to my surprise, to Old Town Alexandria.  He had it all planned and everything ready to go.  All I had to do was pack!


We dropped the kids off at his parents' house, and drove up that morning.  We grabbed some lunch and took it to a park on the Potomac River.  It was one of my favorite moments of the weekend.  We got the chance to talk, uninterrupted.  To be able to give each other our full attention was a big deal to me.  I love him so much!




I love this picture even though I look prego in it!
Then we ventured on to our hotel and checked in.  I have a love affair with Embassy Suites.  Well actually, the whole Hilton group.  I love each of those hotels, and it is a special treat when we get to go there!  So we checked in, and took a nap!  Seriously, it was awesome!


That night Ed took me out to dinner to Columbia Firehouse.  We both got steak and again talked and talked UNINTERRUPTED!  


The next day was even more amazing.  You all, I am not exaggerating when I say it was a great weekend!  I am still savoring each moment we had.  I feel like I just got back from a honeymoon!


We found an amazing little cafe and sat outside, read books, and drank coffee.  If that was all we did I would be happy.  



Then we walked over to Red Rocks for some pizza...surprise, I know.  We are addicted to pizza!


I absolutely love my husband and am so grateful for the 9 years we've had together.  If it keeps getting better than I don't know what I'm in for!  I love doing life with him, and love our family.  Every couple needs a night away!  It should be required!




1 comment:

o u r g r o w i n g f a m i l y . F o r H i s G l o r y said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a sweet post. Congratulations on a fabulous celebration. <3 Lisa