We have some new exciting things going on with the Martins these days. The short story is that we are moving into our next ministry adventure. My husband has served as youth pastor at Grace Community Baptist for almost 6 years now. We have loved this ministry, the people, and specifically the youth. God has done a lot in 6 years and we are so grateful for it. But now God is moving us on to our next ministry being church planting. We are going to be a part of a Church Planting Residency Program for one year where we will be trained and equipped to plant a church. After that year, we launch out with a team to begin a new church body.
Even as I type these words, I haven't quite gotten used to it. For some reason, church planting just seems to be what those other people do. You know the ones who I think are more qualified. God has made it very apparent these last couple of months that although we are not qualified, He is going to use us anyway. Because apparently, He's in the business of using unqualified people. So here we are closing this chapter at Grace, and entering a new one.
We have shared with our church, family, and close friends, and are now telling the world. The program is at North Wake Church, the church we attended in seminary. So we will be moving down to Wake Forest sometime around the New Year to begin the program in January. We are excited to be back in NC and around some dear friends, but we are sad to leave family and friends here too.
I will share how it all came about in a series of posts. Its just too long of a story for now. Thank you to those of you that have been praying for us! We have felt so loved and cared for these past couple of months!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
praying for you all... we have been down much the same road with such a drastic shift in ministry! praying for all the details to come together for you all, for your house to sell, and for the new ministry you will be moving into!
What a sweet adventure for your family! I will lift you up as you seek Him. I do wish He were bringing you closer. I know our kiddos would have a blast together (us too!). <3 Lisa
Post a Comment