*Warning: do not read if you don't want to know about Micah's potty world*
We decided when Micah turned 3 that we would once and for all potty train him. Not really knowing how quickly he would learn, but hoping that it would just click and he would be trained, oh, in an hour or so, we started Friday. The first two days were rough, he just held it in all morning until his nap and just unloaded in that poor diaper. (sorry, a little graphic!) But Sat night he said he had to go pee pee, he we took him, he sat down and went. It was amazing! I've never been so excited for someone to pee in the toilet before! His prize that day way his new favorite drink, Sprite Zero, yes that means zero sugar! (I'm brilliant!) Anyway, so he did this right before bed, and he asked do I get Sprite or "Prite" as he says. The mom in me was like no way! But at that point who cares, I mean he peed in the potty!!!
So I am happy to say that today was the big breakthrough day! He had one accident as soon as he woke up, and then has gone all the rest of the day. I'm so proud of that little boy! And he went #2 for the first time, which was a big hump to get over. So I hope we are on the road to bye bye diapers and hello Spiderman undies!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you will be glad that you waited until he was 3. It was so much easier for some reason when Ellie turned 3. It just clicked. However, #2 is still really hard cause she holds it in for days. It can get really painful etc....It is the most exciting moment ever when they actually go!
Potty training...there has got to be an easier way=) Our first seemed to take FOREVER but Zeke is 2 1/2 and in big boy undies all day except for sleeping times. He does GREAT. We haven't had to do hardly anything. So just know that all of them are so different and your second might not take as long=) Good luck!
Post a Comment