Before the year moves on anymore, I want to reflect on the last year. One of my resolutions last year was to grow in my discipline of reading the Word. I'm not a very disciplined person in general and have always struggled with motivation or shall we say laziness. So I read a book by Carolyn Mahaney and daughters called "Shopping for Time". One chapter is called the 5am club, essentially talking about rising early to read the Word and pray and prepare for the day as a disciple first, wife second, mom third. I was very challenged and felt the need to rise early on a consistent base to prepare my heart for the day. After all I can try to change myself the best I can in any area, but ultimately I will fail because I am not perfect. I need grace to get my up. So looking back, I see a woman who has grown in her love for the Lord through the reading of Scripture. As I've read, I've learned more about the God that I serve. The more you know someone the more you love them and the more you love them, the more you want to get to know them.
Even though last year was a great year as far as my relationship with the Lord, I have still a ways to go. Rising early is still going to be a focus this year as I want to continue to grow in the Lord.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this Katie...you and me both girl!! I hate getting up early, but I see the value in it more and more. I keep telling myself that He is worthy of my effort and my "sacrafice" of time in bed :) And, isn't it amazing how much better the days goes when you start it off right? Here's to a better, more consistent 2009!
Post a Comment