Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And the most cherished christmas gift is....


A Cars Cell Phone! Yes amidst the thousands of toys our boys racked up this year, a simple (cheap, dare I say!) cellphone is the winner. Santa brought it and placed it in Micah's stocking. (Sidenote: Santa only brings stocking toys in our family in an effort not to be the focus of Christmas, but also not to show up mommy and daddy...I mean, I want the credit! Funny how it all turned out!)
Micah takes his flip camera phone EVERYWHERE! Did I mention it has Lightning McQueen on it? Last night we made him put it on the foyer table with our phones so he wouldn't take it to bed.

Yesterday, we went on a walk and he had to bring the phone. So he put it in the basket in the stroller. Every couple of minutes or minute he would stop me, take out his phone, open it, hold it up, and "take a picture", snap it shut, and casually toss it back in the stroller. No big deal, I am just three and I have a phone, that takes pictures.
So I said, Micah, what are you taking a picture of? The truck, the trash, the grass, nothing big, he shrugs, no biggie.
So we walk farther down the road and two men are digging in the street. Decked out with hard hats, work boots, and covered in mud, all of a sudden these two Hispanic men are Micah's idols. He casually approached them pulls out his phone and stops to take a picture on his camera phone, no big deal. With that, he snaps it shut tosses in the stroller and we continue on. Priceless!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that story and I LOVE picturing him doing that!! How funny :) Isn't that the way it always goes? The cheapest, last minute thing is always their favorite....

Matt and Jen said...

how hilarious!!! hope you guys had a great Christmas, New year's, and happy 3rd bday!!

amy said...

hilarious! we got the same camera for Josiah (except it's Mickey Mouse clubhouse) and Abby IMMEDIATELY claimed it as HER camera (and gave Josiah her pink princess one) because it was a camera phone... and how could her brother have something better? :) i think she and micah would get along great! ;)

so glad you all are doing well... we loved the Christmas pic! we miss you guys! love you!