Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baking Day 2

Well we successfully finished the christmas baking! Thursday I woke up exhausted and not feeling myself (no I'm not pregnant!) so I decided that I would try my hardest to have a fun day of baking with my boy, but it didn't last very long. So I sent him up to his room to play and Caleb was napping, so I had peace and quiet. I made the dough for snickerdoodles and sugar cookies and then put them in the fridge. Then I made the peanut butter part for the buckeye balls and put them in the fridge. First step down! After an exhausting morning with the boys and no energy, it was finally naptime!
And so I postponed cookie time until after dinner so Ed could participate...or help me. So I napped! When cookie time actually came, I was so exhausted. So the excitement or thrill of it all wore off and honestly I just wanted to finish it. So Ed and Micah did the snickerdoodles and I finished the buckeye balls...yum! What better combo is there than chocolate and peanut butter! Then we decorated the sugar cookies. They don't look perfect, but they will do. I just read Amanda Jones' blog and I laughed because I had the same experience with the sprinkles. I mean why would I think that a 3 year old would know how to control the pouring of the sprinkles! Naturally he just turned his hand upside down and out came the sprinkles! How cute is he though?So here is what our cookies look like:I really had fun making them this year. After all I had Micah's help and my Kitchen Aid, which I did not have either last year! However, I am glad that today I don't have to worry about cookies anymore, except for eating them, of course!

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

It is exhausting.... We did sugar and buckeyes. The buckeyes tasted so good, but did not look very good. My sugar ones were not so great... better luck next year! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Micah!

Newly Knable said...

Micah = cuteness. I can't wait till Thursday!!! :D