As really most or all of you know, when you are in youth ministry your summers are crazy. Kids are out of school and you do a lot! We have been very busy with mission trips, camp, day trips, vacation, etc and so I've neglected the blog. But I'm back. Today we took a family trip up the road to a kind of redneck water park. Micah was in heaven. There is nothing greater than to see a little boy overflowing with joy to be able to play in "Wawa" as he calls it. We couldn't even get him out to eat, and if you've seen him, you know that's huge! At one point in the shallow end he turned to us, smiled, casually waved his hand, said "Bye!", and started walking away! Or as Chevy Chase said it in Christmas Vacation, "Later Dudes!" He wanted nothing to do with us and everything to do with the water. He just thinks he is so much older than he is. My Baby is really not so much a baby any more and is venturing into the very scary world of a toddler!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The water park sounds like fun. Ellie loves the water as well! We might take a little road trip up to Richmond soon before we move? We have some extra days with nothing to do and we'd love to see you all. We'll call or email soon!
Katie,
We definitely know how your summer has been... ours has been quite crazy as well! And Abby is entering the terrible two's on top of it all... she has definitely discovered her own independence and uses it to make her own choices... no fun! Are you all completely settled in your new house? I know we were still unpacking for months... and rearranging for awhile after that! Hope all is well with you guys! We miss you!
Hey Katie!
Welcome back...I know you are just as crazy busy as we have been this summer! Isn't it amazing how quickly your summer fills up? I am longing for school to start just so we can slow down! Glad it's been a fun summer though...I bet Micah loves being around all the students!
Post a Comment