The past couple of weeks God has been teaching me a lot about Himself, which is really cool! The word "rescue" keeps popping up everywhere. The whole idea that the gospel is for everyday life continues to blow me away. Even though God showed me enough of the gospel a long time ago to become a Christian, I feel like he still reveals a little more as the years go by. Will we ever be at a point where we truly understand the Gospel fully?
The whole idea that I was rescued for His name's sake blows me away. I am not here, nor was I ever existing for myself. The fact that all of this, life, everything I do and am here on earth for is for Him. And that is the least He deserves! But that is the thing, He doesn't need me to repay Him back. It was a rescue with no paybacks! I don't know if I can ever wrap my mind around that.
So as I sit here at the end of a hard day, I'm left with the mere fact that I wasted it. I felt defeated the moment I woke up, but that is the last thing that I am. I'm rescued! If nothing else, I can rejoice in that and see the numerous blessings He has given me on top of the rescue. And He doesn't want anything in return! All I'm left to do is continue to watch for Him to reveal more about Himself.
There is nothing more that deserves more glory. He is Glorious!
Oh The Glory of it All-
Oh the glory of it all, is he came here
For the rescue of us all, that we may live
For the glory of it all, oh He is here
Redemption from the fall, that we may live
For the glory it all, oh the glory of it all
The glory of it all, oh the glory of it allAfter night, comes a light, dawn is here, dawn is here
It’s a new day, it’s a new day (David Crowder Band)
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
One of those days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Who says women can't preach?! That girl can bring it. -Ed
Katie,
Thanks for the deep thoughts...it's good to keep hard days in perspective isn't it? We are rescued...as in headed for hell until Jesus reached down and staged a rescue mission! That's worth praising Him for!!
how precious to hear from your heart!! no we won't ever fully grasp how big He is and how huge the Gospel is..how GREAT is that!! through my bible study this summer God has shown me more of His biggness through the prophecies in Daniel (who would have thought). He knows it all, wrote it all, and holds it all in His hands!!!! micah is so cute! looks so big with his haircut. wish we could get these boys together!! jen
Post a Comment