Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random Thoughts

So I know I have neglected the ole blog recently.  It's just one of those seasons, where it falls to the bottom of my list.  But I felt like I needed to get a little post up before October hit.


We are headed to the beach this week.  Friends of our from college had a little hook-up for us all to stay at this week.  Yes, I said week.  This vacation has come at the perfect time for us.  We need some rest, relaxation, and fun.


It is a lot of work to go away.  Every time we leave for a week, I get stressed.  Why does a good thing like vacation always start out bad because of my stress.  You'd think by now, things would be different.  


We felt the need for a tv fast this week.  When your kids ask to watch tv every time they have free time, its time for a break.  I didn't realize how much I relied on it as a babysitter.  Kids, let me introduce you to your toys!  The lesson has been great, however, when this mommy just needs to pack the bags or prepare some food for our trip, it would be nice to sit the children down in front of the old idiot box.  (that's an Ed Martinism)  


Fall is here and I'm in love...again!  I love everything about fall.  The food, football, leaves changing, cooler weather, etc etc.  I'm excited to clean out the closets when we get back.  


Well back to packing...

No comments: