I've realized recently that keeping a blog is really a priority that I want to keep. A large part of it is that it is a journal in a sense our our life happenings. Some sort of record of the things we do as a family, the things the kids accomplish, my journey in this crazy role called "mom", and how our kids are growing and changing. I try and find things or think up of things to blog about but the reality is I need to just blog about our life. I know that is the most basic comment ever, but a concept I'm learning.
And something God has been working in me for a while now is not comparing myself to others. Some people are really good writers, I am not. Some people are really creative, I am not. And I could go on and on. But God has placed me in a specific role and place for a reason. I am learning to use my gifts for the place he has me. And hopefully that will come out on my blog because my hope is that our blog will just be a true reflection of who we really are.
It is easy in the blog world to concentrate on what we are not doing or where we fall short. The reality is that we can easily fall into the trap of feeling defeated. We are not as good as ________. We don't have as many followers or comments as _________. We aren't as creative as _________. But that's not the way it has to be.
I am learning to use blogs as a resource to help me get ideas for the areas I need help in. I'm also beginning to see how they can be such a source of encouragement for me. They can never replace my time in the Word, but they do help encourage me in my relationship with Christ and as a mom and wife.
Anyway, its good every once in a while to evaluate whether what you are doing is really worth it, and if the impact it is making on your life is beneficial or not.
1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel! You know what you're good at? Pictures! Your pictures of the kids are great! I hope that one day I am able to figure out how to take pictures that well. Plus, I imagine it's especially difficult taking pictures of toddlers! I also love Wordless Wednesday and when you talk about the funny things the kids say.
Post a Comment