Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 22, 2011

Not Me Monday

I've never done one of these before, so I thought I'd take a stab at it.  Who knows if it will stick?!




I always use sunscreen.


I always use at least a SPF 30 and always a 50 on my kids.  I apply it at least 30 minutes before and always reapply when needed.  


So, I would never just apply it once, and think I'm fine for the whole day.  


Nope, not me.


I mean, I'm a responsible adult.  I know that sunscreen is crucial in not getting burned.
And if my dear husband warned me that I was getting red, I would definitely not say, "I know, I just don't feel like getting up to get it."


Nope, definitely not me.


And because I am a responsible adult, I would never consider covering up with a towel was good enough, completely forgetting about my face.


Then I would never come home and realize that I did not in fact have a burn on my face that revealed a perfect sunglasses tan.  


And my dear family would never make fun of me for it because they love me dearly and only use words to build others up.


No way, not me and not my family.


To make matters worse or not worse, I would never wake up two days later to find out my entire forehead was in fact swollen from the said sunburn.  I mean really.  Who would allow the burn to get that bad!?  And who would whine all day long about a swollen head while applying aloe and ice to it ALL. DAY. LONG.?


That would most definitely not be me!

1 comment: