Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Thumbsucker

Happy 3 months Haleigh! Little Miss has now been with us for 3 months and we have enjoyed every minute!
Here's the latest on Haleigh:
-she smiles all the time
-she's testing out her voice with coos and other girlie noises
-she going to be a talkative one! she loves to make noises and now loves to "talk" to me when she is supposed to be eating!
-we are getting close to having to feed in quiet because she is getting distracted by others
-she LOVES to watch her brothers
-she has rolled over a couple of times from her tummy to back
-she slept 8 hours last night for the first time!!! Yay!
-she has overcome RSV, nothing can keep her down!
-she weighs 12 lbs
-she is still fighting me on the bottles, but I am persisting, we will see who has a stronger will
-she has found her thumb, but we are still using paci, not sure if I should let her or not?? thoughts?

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a cutie! I've had a paci girl, thumb, and now 2 fingers. Anna still sucks her thumb to sleep, but rarely during the day. I haven't even thought about how to stop it! I will say she was/is a great sleeper and it was so nice not keeping up with the paci! Persist on the bottle.....I tried so hard, but after 15 hours of not eating at 3 mos. I gave in. She is showing interest in it now, but I think it is cause she can play/hold it! Girls talk all the time. Get ready!!!

Tasha Via said...

No matter how hard we tried to use the paci, ALL 3 of our kids were determined to suck those thumbs. Ahhh! I'd say try to stick with the paci as much as you can but when it really comes down to it they are just going to do what they want to do, sheesh!

It was so good to be with ya'll last weekend! Your little Haleigh is adorable=)

Newly Knable said...

How can I love her so much without even meeting her?! I can't wait to hold that beautiful baby.

Oh and about your question. I know you think it's cute now, but knowing you, the thumbsucking will start to get old and you will want her to stop. I say nip it in the (bud? butt? not important) as soon as possible. And this is coming from a dedicated thumbsucker!

William said...

I vote for going with the paci. You can always take that away when the time comes. Taking the thumb away can get really messy and my Dr. Wife doesn't recommend it.