Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Tender-hearted Funny Man

Tomorrow my sweet Caleb is going to have surgery on his eye. Its a rather routine surgery, but when its your child nothing is routine about it. He will have to be put under general anesthesia for the surgery and it just breaks my heart. The moment when I have to hand my baby over to the nurses is going to be a very difficult one. I trust that he is in good hands and that ultimately the Lord is in control. To know that God is with him when I'm not, is comforting.
I'm not sure what the recovery will be like or how he will feel after, but that doesn't really matter. I will just be looking forward to it being over and to hold him and comfort him.

Caleb's personality has really developed recently and we are beginning to discover that he is our kid that makes everyone laugh. He has such a great sense of humor for a little 20 month old. Nothing like a little child genuinely making you laugh. In addition to being our funny kid, he also has a very tender heart. His feeling can't be hurt easily (esp. by Micah!), he is affectionate, doesn't like it when others cry, and he is so tender-hearted towards Haleigh. He always checks on her, makes sure she has everything she needs (blanket, paci, toy, etc), and makes sure we are quiet when she sleeps. The past couple of days he just wants to be hugged more and as his mommy preparing for this surgery; I'll take it!

2 comments:

AH said...

I will be praying for him! Please let me know if you guys need anything! I am right down the road!

Emily said...

We will be praying for Caleb, and I specifically will be praying (from one mommy to another)...for mommy strength!! Bless Sam's little heart when he went under general anesthesia! When he woke up it was plain pitiful...and I was A MESS! Be prepared, but know this...it only took Sam about an hour and he was asking to "kick balls" again (Sam was 18 months)! Hang in there...we will be thinking about you guys!!