Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 25, 2010

Purple People Eaters

In our household NFL is important and so needless to say yesterday was a big day, even though our church didn't get the memo that there were two very important games on tv yesterday and so they decided to have our annual church dinner last night...whew! run on sentence, I know. (ha, why even bother with punctuation!) Anyway, we saw maybe the first quarter of the Jets/Colts game, and then missed the whole first half of the second. Thankfully, we could watch the rest.
So as we were watching last night, I realized my husband all of a sudden became a Vikings fan...ew! Ok, I'm sorry, but the Vikings remind me of one thing - the purple people eater. In 4th grade, in my dance class, we did this dance to that song. Yes there is a song, look it up! Anyway, there was this boy at school, bless his heart, that LOVED the vikings. He wore these purple vikings sweatpants, yeah the ones with the elastic at the ankle, ALL the time! So I always called him the purple people eater, no not to his face! That would be mean. Anyway, this boy was so nice, i think we even went to his bday party in elementary school. Anyway, as we got into high school, he didn't wear the sweatpants anymore, but the image just stuck in my head, so I still called him the purple people eater in my head...this is so stupid! Anyway, I've always associated the vikings with this boy and purple sweatpants...and their stupid mascot! (Sorry Steph and Krista, you may be offended) Ok Becky, you get a little shout out here too because this boy asked you to prom...remember in Hallmark! ha! I love it! He didn't realize you were totally out of his league! Anyway...
Back to last night, as the game is going on, my husband starts routing for the vikings, I guess partly because of Brett Favre, or maybe their purple uniforms, who knows. And so he starts whining about the NFL's overtime rules and how it is not fair. However, did they not have a chance to win the game at the end, my dear?! And did Brett Favre not have a chance to not(double negative) throw what 6 interceptions?! You, of all people, should not whine about the overtime rules! unless of course it is about the redskins! So I am sorry that the vi-"queens"(george) lost, but the leech and his team are heading to Miami, while the purple people eaters will lose their starting quarterback to retirement...or maybe not!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Katie - amazing. That was one of the best spousal call-outs in a global sense that I have ever read. This was the first time I have ever read a post on your blog (thanks to Emily cracking up laughing at "Vi-queens" and your usage of "The Leech"), but this may lead to more visits. Keep it up...let him have it.

Chris

wes mcmurray said...

well-said Katie. I love Ed and respect him as a football fan, but he's way off on this one.
...and how fitting that the all-time interception leader goes out with an interception.

Mom said...

Yankee Spice at it again!

Newly Knable said...

WHAT. EVER.

Haha... "One eyed, one horned, flyin purple people eaters!"

Beck said...

You are killing me, TOO funny! lol