Sunday we had our first Christmas gathering with Ed's side of the family. Brother Ray and Stephanie were in town from ATL and so we celebrated on Sunday after church. Here are some Christmas tree shots...it is so hard to snap pictures with a 3 year old that wants nothing to do with it. His new thing is "I don't want to!" My response, "Well you have to...sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do." Very similar to a speech I give myself from time to time. A lesson we adults need too! (P.S. we are growing Micah's hair out, kind of in between stage right now...ugh!)
First present opened-a stuffed elephant-thanks Ma! We really tried to focus on the giving the presents part more so than the getting. A tough lesson for a 3 year old but I think he got it. The Martin tradition is one gift at a time. So he had to wait until it was his turn again to get gifts. He was so excited. He would help everyone else open it. He would exclaim things like "What do you think it is? I don't know" "I'm so excited!" "Let's see!" All in his sing song voice. Each gift opened with excitement. So much more animation this year, I love it! Well two more Christmas celebrations then his birthday...all within one week! Such a confusing time for him, oh well!

1 comment:
So fun! They are really starting to look like. I hate taking pictures, but our issue is with the almost 2 yr. old Anna. Ellie loves it. It might be a girl thing? I hope part 2 and 3 are just as fun!
Post a Comment