I'm not really one to get into politics because when all is said and done, no matter who you vote for and what you believe, they are all going to fail you at some point. But I find myself reflecting on this past election. First let me just say I am soooo glad it is over. The phone calls were ridiculous! But I fear going into the "Christian" public today because I don't want to hear the somber comments of what do we do now. I'm sorry if I offend you, but our lives do not depend on who is in office. Quite frankly, I couldn't get excited about either choice I had to vote on. I know that all the changes that our new president confidently says he will put into action will have some effect on us as citizens of America. But praise God, that I put my faith in someone and something so much greater. No matter what changes occur, good or bad, I serve a God who is above it all.
I'm afraid much of our country voted for Obama because they wanted anything but Bush. They wanted someone to save them from the awful way of the Republicans! Republican or Democrat or anything else (Green Party, what's that? Poor Nader...when can he take the hint), never ever ever will you make my life just peachy keen. Never will you save me from the fact that there will always be wrong in this world!
My friends (ha! you like that!), thank God for the faith he has so graciously given us to believe in something so much greater! My prayers are the same as before...that God would be soverign over all situations and that He would be gracious enough to carry me through any circumstance. We DON'T need change. My hopes and dreams and faith is placed at the feet of the only one who DOES NOT change! Praise God!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You summed up how I was feeling so well, Katie. Eloquent and very honest...plus so based in TRUTH! I couldn't agree with you more.
On the day of the election I was struck by all the news reports here in Washington, DC of all the folks who were fasting and praying. These folks were clearly our Black/African American brothers and sisters & they were clearly voting for Obama. My first thought was that I'm sure there were McCain voters fasting & praying as well. I won't even strain my brain to figure out how God handles that one. Then later after the results were in my thoughts turned to observation of the peoples' reactions. It was a momentus occasion, something many people thought they would never see in their lifetime, people were trying to find copies of the Washington Post, and campaign memorabilia. Electing the first Black President (who really is African American by the way) was a BIG DEAL. I felt it was wrong to vote for someone just because of his skin color, and I know that was the case for many folks, but I feel it would be wrong to not recognize the significance this election result has on our brothers & sisters in Christ who are Black/African American and all that it means to them. And may it also mean something to us on so many levels, and may we teach it to our children as something to appreciate. My love & support goes out to my brothers & sisters in Christ even if I can't identify with them I can cheer with them, & recognize the victory that this is for them. Let Christ bind us together in love.
Now on a pro-life note, where would we all be if Obama's mother didn't choose life as a young teen. Pray this truth catches like wildfire across party lines, and people groups. Our God is greater and sovereign and able to work miracles in any administration.
great word mom! you are a good writer! now get your own blog...just kidding I love you!
Post a Comment