Ok, let me just say that this is weird. I have just signed in to our blog and am typing. Who knows, maybe I'll scrapbook tomorrow! I'll make this quick.
I have two things to be thankful for today.
#1) Many of our High School Youth (boys) have taken part in "No-Shave November". Most of them have awkward looking blonde stubble and there are others that have weird neck beards. I am so glad that tomorrow is December. They will shave tonight and all will be returned to the way it should be.
#2) I am thankful that I am sitting on the couch watching the Redskins on a Sunday afternoon. Thankful that they are losing?...not so much. It is simply the fact that I am at home. It is very rare that I am at home on a Sunday afternoon. I usually have stuff at church ALL day on sundays. It is a cold and rainy day today in Richmond. We came home after church, had grilled cheeses and tomato soup for lunch, and now I am working the hoodie and house shoes. Ah, the simple things. I love ministry, but this is just nice.
-Ed
Just in case you cared....I have been clean shaven all month.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
congrats on the relaxing bit, hey, i'm just wondering if the neck beard is better than the patchy beard? Shane was curious...
Neck beards, eh? Throw in some mutton chops and you could've staged a wonderful reenactment of Gettysburg the movie. Got any youth with huge heads?
Please post something new. The phrase "neck beards" freaks me out a little bit. :)
oh the neck beard is SOOOO gross!!! Glad you got a nice, peaceful Sunday afternoon at home. We treasure those times too=)
Post a Comment