So today I got the steamer out and the blender and decided we would start with carrots. I began peeling them and then chopping them. Micah helped me put them in the steamer. We loaded it up with water and turned it on. Later we transferred them to the blender for a puree, only to find out my blender has seen better days. We finally got them mashed and put it in ice cube trays to be frozen.
Then came lunch time. I was so anticipating this moment! I sat Micah down to eat, and nursed Caleb. Then I sat him in his new booster seat, strapped him with his bib, and prepared his gourmet lunch of rice cereal and carrots...yum! After heating it up, I went in for the first taste. What was I expecting? Who knows! But I will tell you what I got...
The spoon went in, and surprisingly very little came out! Achievement #1. He ate both the carrots and cereal...Achievement #2. He looked at me with those cute gooey little eyes, and gave me the biggest little shiver. Then he didn't stop! Drama, i know. I mean, Caleb, it is just carrots. But the boy HATED it! For such a chunky kid, you would think he would be like BRING IT ON! to the food. Not so much! Do you think he will be 14 years old and still want breastmilk? (i know, too much)


3 comments:
LOLOLOLOL!!! I think I'm crying. That last picture is pure blackmail material for Micah when they're older! That is so funny!
Funny stuff! I don't know how excited I would be about carrots either at 6 months! I always say they will eat eventually!
those pictures are so cute! We did homemade baby food with Zeke and he always did WAY better with that than the stuff from the grocery store=) Glad he could keep it in;)
Post a Comment