You know, those who know me well, know I am not an animal person. The only time I am just amazed at animals is at Sea World. I love to touch the sting rays and dolphins. Other than that, you could say I don't have much of a heart for them! Well the other day we went to a park in our neighborhood. Long story short, there was this little baby squirrel that was following people around. It clearly had no mother and was following people to take care of it. My mind went back to the book, "Are you my mother?", one of Micah's favorites.
I saw this lady pick him up and pet him. Micah watched this little squirrel out of curiosity. So we walked on by after the lady put him down. Ed was in amazement that this squirrel was so tame. We walked to the other end of the field and there at our feet was this little baby squirrel. It was our turn to be followed. He was all around Micah's feet and so Micah kept picking up his feet not to step on him. I decided this was the cutest little thing and obviously was so domesticated that without even thinking I picked him up. Before I knew it this little thing was in my hands and I was petting his super soft fur. Ed about freaked out that I would get rabies or something. I let Micah pet him too. He was the cutest. Then I put him down and he followed two guys to another area of the park. I amazed my husband so much he took a picture.
9 comments:
(I deleted my first comment due to type-o issues)
Katie!!!! I am laughing so hard at this post! I miss my lil family of squirrels...they were named Mr. Fat Pants and Sealy (I named one this because he was slightly disfigured and had a hump on his back and his front paws turned out like a seal). For anyone reading this, we fed them peanuts in the shell and they ate right out of our hands...sometimes they would even take a peanut from our mouth, yes my family is weird!
Our cat, Meow Kitty, is still alive and well living at my parents in the country.
Aww, I feel so honored to have a post shout out - you are too funny! Great picture, Ed!
what a hilarious story!! i have to say that i'm hearing lots of squealing as i'm reading the story!! so funny..
got caleb's birth announcement today, what cute pictures!!
love you guys...
I really can't believe you picked up a squirrel! I don't think I could do it, no matter how domesticated it seems (although, I'm DEFINITELY not an animal person, either).
EL, that D40 is really treating you well. It was made to be in your hands. Keep posting those EL comps!
Are you sure it is not a chipmunk? when we were in CO they would come right up to you and let you feed them etc? You are a brave woman no matter what cause I would not even hold a chipmunk and for sure not a squirrel! We love Caleb's picture and it is on our fridge!
haha... knowing katie it probably is a chipmunk... what's the difference right? that's such a cute picture, though. i remember the harrington's squirrels. Hello?! Weren't they the one's to keep a turkey as a pet around Thanksgiving? Gotta love 'em.
crazy picture... i can't believe you held it!!! wow... it gives me goosebumps just thinking of picking up a baby squirel!
Hilarious...Don't let Shane find one in the park or he'll try to shoot it...He's been dry for 2 years now on his annual squirrel hunting trip! Good job Katie!
Can the Martins come out and play?
Post a Comment