Last night during worship at youth group, we sang "Hosanna". It is such a good song, but as I was controlling the slides, I was struck by how rich the lyrics were in one part.
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I walk from earth into
Eternity
Every single line is so good, but the one that hit me was "open up my eyes to the things unseen". How often do I miss things when I get caught up in the business of life? Or when I choose to focus on other things. Often times the things unseen can be the most rich things we could ever notice. It is a reminder to me that God is always at work in the lives of His people whether we choose to notice it or not. Lord God, may I never be so concerned with my own "world" that I miss what you are doing.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
katie, as i read your post, hosanna was playing on my playlist! what a blessing. after our time with the kids at camp i too reflected deeply on the lyrics of the song... "break my heart for what breaks Yours" really spoke to me and covicted me of not focusing on what He wants me to focus on. i am humbled and blessed by your post...
We sang that song on Sunday and I immediately thought of the words. They are incredible. How awesome for your students to be singing those words.
Post a Comment