Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Like a Toddler

Right now I am going through the new Beth Moore study, Stepping Up, at church. It goes through the Psalms of Ascent and I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity to do it. but today was on Psalm 131, a very short psalm. But it is beautiful! Most of us can relate because it refers to a mother and a weaned child. Praise the Lord for that right!
Anyway, I was so stuck that the Lord looks on us as just that. His Word says that he comforts us as a mother comforts her child. As I am getting closer and closer to having baby boy number two, I look forward to once again having a child that will just lay in my arms. Micah now is so busy as every toddler and rarely will let me just hold him. But at the end of a day, I will lay in bed with him and it is as if he is a little baby again. He rests knowing his mama or daddy is there. Beth Moore said, "Tomorrow there will be more battles to fight, but for now the child lets down his guard, lets his parent be in charge, and surrenders every care in the world."
What a great picture for us to know that God is there for us to rest in His arms. I don't ever want to get to the point in my walk where I turn into a "teenager". Where I think I've got this "Christian thing" down and I am fighting to be independent. I always want to see myself as a child in the arms of God, and yes weaned. Not a baby anymore, grown up in Him, but wanting to rest in His arms allowing Him to comfort and sustain me.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! We missed you! I am hoping to do that Beth Moore study this summer, glad to hear that you recommend it. Hope you are feeling good Kate...you look great!

amy said...

katie... what a wonderful picture of the rest we can have in our father's arms! as i look at our little josiah in my arms, it's a beautiful picture! abby's the same way.. she's rarely still long enough for me to hold her unless she's sick or really sleepy! it was so good to see your february pics! micah is a doll and you look great and ready to greet #2! hope you all are doing well!

sheltonfamily said...

Katie,
So glad to see you back on here! I love any Beth study and I'm sure the new one is so good. I love it when Ellie will slow down enough to be a "little girl" and sit on my lap etc... I hope you are feeling well and I love the new pictures. We think of you often especially when we hang out with the Russ and Amy. We see them quite a bit and they live so close to us. Miss you!