"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
I've known this verse for a while. It's a very common verse that many people know. It really hasn't been until this journey that God has us on that I have begun to understand it.
We received a peace from God about moving to Wake Forest to start the church planting process. But it's the rest of the verse that has really become alive in my life.
surpasses all understanding
I have tried to explain our peace that we feel, but it's like getting married. You know when you know. I am so confident of what God is working in us, I don't think I could be talked out of it. I just know it's right.
guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
When are we going to sell our house? Are we going to be able to sell our house? What if we have to pay rent and a mortgage? How will we find a job to support all our living expenses? How will we have health insurance? Will I ever be able to go shopping again?
These are the questions that float around in my head. But I can honestly say they don't stay long. I feel like the Lord is protecting me from going there. He is guarding my mind and my heart. And He is doing it in the name of Jesus. Because He is constantly reminding me that Jesus is enough...more than enough. We would be in shambles if we did not lean on Jesus. But He has been the one that we trust in, and I have to keep reminding myself that. Every day.
"For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name." Psalm 33:21
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment