Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Things

I guess by the look of this face, I should've known Caleb would be my picky eater.  This is a picture of his first food, after cereal, which was carrots.  His face was priceless and we all laughed.  Well two years later, he is still making faces and rejecting most foods.  Now, I realize that there are many kids out there worse than he, but it has really been a battle for us. 

His food of choice...carbs!  Crackers, bread, toast, waffles, pizza, spaghetti.  He also loves fruit, cheese, chicken nuggets (not any kind of chicken), and that's about it!  Forget veggies, mac and cheese,  eggs, any other meat, rice, potatoes, anything foreign.  I think the thing that bugged me the most was the doctor and other "experts" said keep offering a variety and he will like something.  But he wouldn't even try things!  And that got under my skin! 

Anyway, now at almost three, Caleb decided that he wants to start trying things!  He had mac and cheese the other day and he loved it!  He tried pineapple and loved it!  He had a little bit of Daddy's grilled chicken last nice, and, oh, decided to try couscous...and like it!  This is one happy mommy!  Its baby steps we are taking - no green bean was touched last night - but I am happy.  And you know what, so is my boy!  He isn't stressed when he comes to the dinner table, he's happy!  

No comments: