Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Boys

Boys are a rare breed. They stink all kinds of stinks. They are loud. They are rough. They love to throw their bodies into things and fall on purpose. They get their thrill by throwing things and catching things. They love a challenge. Make anything a game and they are in! They smell. They eat a lot. They like dirt. They love to sweat. They like to wrestle. They like to pretend they are superheroes or "bad men". They are strong. They are daring. They aren't afraid of a little scrape if that's what it takes to ride a bike or try a new trick on the scooter.

As a little girl, I never really liked anything outside. I don't like to sweat or smell. I don't like to be outside. I don't like to be dirty. I don't like to be rough and I don't like loud noises.

I guess God knew what he was doing when he gave me two boys and a husband who is all man. I've done things that I normally wouldn't have done if left to myself. I've laughed more with them in my life. I've loved more, and yes, smelled more! (them, not me!)

All that to say, as much as I have a loud crazy house sometimes, with two little boys running around and being rough, and at times it makes me cringe, I'm thankful for it! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Boys are...well, fun!

No comments: