Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Much Needed Break...

I've been busy, real busy. My days have consisted of laundry and cleaning and organizing and cooking and packing, along with my other daily activities.

You see, tomorrow I head out of town by myself. All alone. No husband, no boys, no baby. Just me...well for two hours. Then I meet my dear friend Jen, and head on down to Hilton Head Island. There we will join 6 other of my dearest friends all from seminary. This is the first "reunion" since we left 4 years ago. Some I haven't seen even longer than that!

Except for the few babies that are still nursing, and Haleigh is not one of them, it is just the girls! Four whole days of rest, relaxation, the beach, the pool, eating seafood, possibly reading, and yes the countless priceless conversations we will have ALL.WEEKEND.LONG! I love it! And I haven't even been yet!

The best part about the weekend is that not only are these girls some of the best friends that I have, but they are partners. Being in full time ministry is just rare. And when you have others who know exactly everything you face, the role you are in, the ups, the downs, well, it is just priceless!

So, Girls, I am SO READY! See you tomorrow! And well, for the rest of my family, pray for them!

This is where I will be all weekend! Or at the beach...I can't decide!

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

Hope you have FUN, fun fun!