Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 5, 2010

Haleigh's Room

Well now that Little Miss is 5 months old, I guess I should show you her room! I've worked really hard and have had LOTS of FUN doing it! We've got two more things left to do, and then it's complete! I say we've, because those are things my amazingly gifted hubby is doing!

Here's her bedding...and it is my favorite. I found it on a website for like $400 and then found the fabric elsewhere, and my mom made it, all for a total of $150. Not a bad deal! My mom is brilliant and I think it looks awesome! It turned out just like I had it pictured. Mom made the bumper and I made the crib skirt and matching valance.


I made this pillow to match her bedding and to spruce up this VERY OLD hand-me-down chair.
Ed's cousin sent this painted can along with a matching framed print. She made one for the boys that was shorter and had Lightning McQueen on it. I use the boys as a trash can, but this one is taller and it took me a while to decide what to use it for. So I decided on this...I'm not sure yet if I like it! The jury is still out on it! What do you think?

This is a dresser that was passed down to us. Originally it was honey-stained wood with big round wooden knobs. When Caleb was born, Ed built a frame on the top to use it as a changing table. Then we painted it navy blue and put those nickel drawer handles on it. I really liked the Pottery Barn camp collection and modeled it after that. It was a piece I was really proud of, but had no use in Haleigh's room, being that it was blue. So we had to repaint it to match her room. I still really like it, but I do miss the navy blue one!
This is the infamous bow holder. I get so many comments on it, just because of all her bows. However, I KNOW there are many many people with a TON more than her! You know who you are! They've got one to match every color in every outfit!
I saw a ton of bow holders on the internet I liked, but I decided to make mine! I thought it turned out cute and it was VERY easy to make, and cheaper!When I get the last two pieces complete, I will show you the room as a whole and those pieces!

1 comment:

Holly said...

it looks awesome! i wish i had your sewing skills... I love every detail.