Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Surprise Shower!

Saturday I was surprised by my mom, mother-in-law, sister, and grandma when they threw me a baby shower. Being my third child, I wasn't really expecting one, but it was a special treat to have one, especially being that this is my first girl! They had the shower at a local tea room, which provided the perfect atmosphere! It really was one of the best showers I've ever had. It was such a treat to have an afternoon with the women who have been a treasured part of my life. Family, friends, and ministry partners were all there to celebrate our sweet little girl.

*By the way, my adorable husband knew I would be concerned with what I would wear, since it was a surprise. So he went out and bought me a dress to wear to the shower! I got so many compliments, and people were so surprised that he picked it out himself. But it is no surprise to me. He is very good at picking out my clothes, and I LOVE most of what he picks out!

Here are some pictures from the shower...

My mother-in-law, Valerie, and my mom - they were the Hostesses
My Grandma, sister - Hope, and my Mom, who all drove down from MD that day
The place, Feathernesters, was so pretty inside. It had a little shop in the front full of all kinds of housewares any woman would want.
The food, which was so yummy! We had everything from scones to quiche to cheesecake just to name a few! And the most fabulous strawberry lemonade...yes, I got tea too!

The guests
Some of the women in our small group - my treasured friends, two of which are also expecting, both due early Feb.Most of the guests

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ed, nicely done!! What a special day Katie :) I'm sure you loved bringing home all that pink!!