Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 20, 2009

Last couple of weeks

We've been really busy these last couple of weeks. I kept reminding myself that we would be very busy in April and May, but now that it is here, I'm still feel like my life is a whirlwind right now!
The last couple of weeks have included:
-wedding at church that I directed and another one this weekend
-celebrating easter
-soccer
-building a swingset, Ed, not me!
-a visit from Uncle Ray and Aunt Stephanie
-a visit from The Whites
-driving to NC to buy a minivan
-a leader retreat

So here are some pics from the above!

There he is...number 2!

The new swing set! Ed and a friend built it one Friday, and Micah has enjoyed it every day since! It has three swings, one is a baby swing, and a slide. They also rigged it so our zip line goes off the slide. The kids love it!
Caleb and Rylen, they are only 4 months apart. This is Ed's childhood friend Dave's little boy.
My new car! I love it so far. We were lucky to find such a rare find, it is an 05, low mileage, never been used by a family, so virtually no wear and tear! We also committed since our Dave Ramsey class not to have any car payments, so we waited until we had the money and are proud to say it is paid for!!
Last weekend we had a youth leader retreat. It was awesome! It was just a time for us to get away and spend time together and rest. A family in the church let us stay at their lake house and we couldn't have asked for a better day!
the view from the back deck
Cornhole...Look at the concentration on Ed's face!

2 comments:

Beck said...

And payements = payments lol

Beck said...

You guys are rockin and rollin! And how awesome about your minivan! It looks so nice. I am in your camp about no car payements (such a blessing in our own family). You guys are amazing to have saved and been dutiful. I hope you continue to have a great and busy season in life...looking forward to seeing Martin #3.