Ok I must warn you right off the bat, if you are a gardener or even remotely close to being good at it, you might be a little disgusted! So today, was day two of my boys being with "ma" and "gee-daddy", so after I finished cleaning, I decided to tackle some much needed gardening. Last night, I bought some petunias and a hanging basket. I started pretty simple, since everything I touch dies. So today I realize I don't have any potting soil so out to the store I go. I decide to try an official flower and garden center here that I have never been to. After I parked my minivan amidst the rows and rows of Lexuses, I walked in the store. It was definitely one of the first times I walked in and felt literally lost! Where do I go? What did I come here for? Don't look lost! (yeah, right!) So I did what anyone would do, pull out the cell phone and start texting! I know pitiful, but I had to gather my thoughts...So i walked around a little and after about 3 minutes decided this is stupid, I'm going to Home Depot! So I left!
Fast Forward to Home Depot...I feel much more at home! I decided on a prearranged hanging basket with geraniums and baby yellow petunias (adorable), potting mix, some wire thing for my clemantis, and I even decided to try again at a houseplant! I arrived at home ready to tackle my gardening. After getting everything ready, I slapped on my gloves, (can't getting my hands dirty! actually I more use it as a protection from bugs! pitiful again I know) and got started with my hanging basket from the night before. It looks beautiful! Hopefully their life expectancy will be longer than a goldfish! Next to the already made hanging basket, all I did was take the tags off, pull off dead blooms, and hang it! Voila! Georgeous!
Ok, here is the worst part. I decided to tackle the clemantis. If you are like me, and don't know what it is, it is basically a climbing vine with flowers. It was already here when we moved and is planted right at the base of the lamp post. This is our 3rd spring here and I still haven't managed to get it to"climb" the lamp post. So I got these glorified twist ties to tie it to the post. Well the thing is a nasty mess because it has just flopped on the ground and this massive thing just grows and grows. It is like a really nappy head of hair. So i get the gloves on, start trying to pull the dead wet moldy stuff out from the bottom. Not only does it smell, but I start to see a few little critters. First a white spider, then one with a silver butt, oh and he likes to jump, then the wolf spider! That is why I am sitting inside writing on my blog instead of finishing that project! We'll just leave that job to Ed!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm soooo glad when my girls grow up and have husbands to kill their spyders!
wolf spiders haunt my dreams.
p.s. i trained savannah to eat spiders, so i have a (future) husband and dog to fight off the little nasties.
the other day, Katie called me into the hallway to kill a black piece of dirt. She swore it was a "black widow". -Ed
katie's not dramatic at all.
Clearly P.G. county didn't do their job - spyders, georgeous. I'm sorry family, but the spelling errors just stand up and shout at me.
Mom! Did you think that they did do their job? I mean really! I owe all my brains to PG county!
"It is like a really nappy head of hair"
I totally know what you mean!
-Imus
i expect pictures of caleb's b-day celebration!
Post a Comment