Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 23, 2008

Gurneys, Jumping Socks, Get Smart

This weekend was very full. It started out on Friday with a trip to NC to meet the Gurneys, our friends from seminary. Jen's classroom was right next door when we taught and we carpooled together. That was before all the babies. We went to a playground to let the boys play. It was really cute to watch Micah and Noah play together. Then we had lunch together. It was a short visit, but well worth it!


Saturday, we had pictures for our church directory. It wasn't that eventful except for the outfit Micah put on while we were waiting. (See below) That afternoon, Micah had a birthday party to go to at an inflatable party place. The invitation said "Get your Jumping Socks Ready". So Ed and and Micah put on socks with a "J" marked in red sharpie for their jumping socks. How dorky! But Micah loved it! He was so gross and sweaty but loved every minute.



Sunday, Ed and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Ed's parents came and watched the boys so we could go out. We enjoyed our freedom and unusual quiet that we had. We went to see "Get Smart" and it was very funny. I recommend it if you like Steve Carell's humor. Then we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It has been a joy to be married to Ed for six years. I love his devotion to the Lord, his love for me and the boys, his passion for the youth, and how he holds to his commitments. He is an honest and trustworthy man. I am so thankful for an amazing six years and am even more excited about the years to come. I love you Edward!

2 comments:

Matt and Jen said...

so great to see you guys on friday. thanks for blogging about us!! :)
so glad you guys got to spend some good time together on your anniversary. i know it was fun!
can't believe you got to sleep so much. way to go caleb!!!

sheltonfamily said...

What great pictures.... a little jealous of the mini-reunion with the gurney's. Caleb is so cute and I didn't recognize Noah at first with the buzz cut. Hope you all are having a great summer!