Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's been a while...

Hi there.  It's been a long time.  

We've been absent from the blogging world, and I've missed it.  

There was a point I wasn't sure if I would come back.  But here I am.  I decided it was worth it and worth my time.  

Where have we been?  Well, working on life.  

Our move to Raleigh has changed a lot of things for us.  A lot of adjustments came with it.  So I've just been trying to figure out life for these past few months and it was nice not to have "blog" on my to do list anymore.

But I have found I've missed it.  I've missed the community.  I've missed the reflection for me to think about my day or what the kids have done.  I know family members have missed pictures of the kids.  And maybe just maybe my readers have missed us.

So here we are...A little update on the crew!

Haleigh - 2.5 years old, She is an absolute delight to be around.  She loves to play dress up and wear a tutu and walk around in heels.  She comments on my earrings everyday so we may be piercing her ears soon.  She is a little mommy to her two babies - pink baby and purple baby.  And every other baby, real or fake, she plays mommy to...even if their real mommy is present and accounted for.  And she may or may not be known to boss around those mommys and tell them what to do with their babies.  Because clearly she knows what she is talking about!  Where does she get that bossiness from???

Caleb - just turned 4, Caleb has changed the most since our move.  He has matured in so many ways.  He eats most anything now which is a nice change from the extremely picky eater he was.  His temper tantrums are few and far between.  He has completely mastered potty training...whew!  So he is growing and maturing into the sweetest little boy.  He has learned how to ride a bike and loves it.  He has a fascination with letters and coloring.  He is repeatedly showing us his tender heart towards others, always thinking of their needs before his own.  And his little personality is full of expression, emotion, and good humor.  He still is the one who makes us laugh...all the time!

Micah - 6.5 years old, He is growing into an intelligent little boy.  He has finished Kindergarten and as his teacher, I had the joy of watching him learn.  He has learned addition and subtraction this year, as well as reading.  He catches on pretty quickly and is determined to work hard till he masters it.  He has taken quite a liking to Dr. Seuss books because he can read them!  He also is continuing to grow and develop in his athleticism.  We always knew he was gifted in sports, but we are constantly amazed at his love for sports and his crazy ability.  He played baseball this year and LOVED it.  His best game was a triple (which could've been a home run - the ball wasn't even in the infield yet and they stopped him at third), double, and a great play at second base.  His heart to honor God in all he does is inspiring.  He really seeks to do well at all he does which can be good and bad.

Ed - I have fallen in love with this man all over again in the past months.  We have been through some hard spots this year, but God has been so gracious to us in that.  We have come out more in love and a better understanding of our roles in marriage.  He is working with our church's runner camp this summer which is in just a few weeks.  He has preached at our church about church planting and is teaching Life Change this summer.  I love to sit back and watch the Lord use him in mighty ways.  It is an honor to be his wife.  We are still in the Church Planting Residency at our church and have been so encouraged by it.  We love all the families that are in it as well and have really developed some lifelong relationships through this.  Ed is meeting a lot with the guys and the elders at our church and praying his brains out to seek where and with whom the Lord may lead us to plant with.

Katie - I have finished my current role as homeschool teacher!  What a treasure the last two years have been for me and Micah.  But we feel the Lord directing our family in a different way next year.  So I will work as a Preschool teacher two days a week and take Caleb and Haleigh with me.  I am really looking forward to this new phase for us although I will miss Micah like crazy.  

Sorry no pictures this time, but I promise them next time!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad you are back to blogging! I missed your posts. Your family is so cute and I love reading about what everyone is up to!

Holly said...

Glad you are back! I kind of felt the same way.. there was so many changes that the blog kind of fell away. Loved your update and our lives sound so similar. Anna started to ride her bike, I am teaching preschool in the fall as well, and ministry has really been a blessing in our new church. Miss y'all and I might have to take a day trip to Raleigh one day soon!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Welcome back! I constantly evaluate my blogging...is it worth the time, etc. So I know what you mean...but selfishly, I'm glad you decided to come back to it =)

We still need to get together sometime!

Stephanie said...

Loved reading that update Katie! Glad you are popping in to say hi, I'm with you on the blogging dilemma. Sometimes it's a burden and not a joy, but when I can do it, I love having those entries to go back and read! Praying for you guys!