Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

The last two days have been crazy here with tons of tornado watches and warnings.  Being from MD, tornadoes just weren't a big thing.  I remember moving to NC when I taught and we had to do a tornado drill.  I had to actually ask a teacher what to do during the drill.  I had no idea!  There were a couple of tornadoes that touched down in our area, but mostly just tree damage.  It got pretty exciting when at Bible study today they moved us to the hallway at one point.  

Check out my Peeps Cupcakes from our Easter Weekend!  I had fun making these.  I actually really like to bake, but it seems these days it gets the boot quite often.  For the sake of time, I just made carrot cake from the box so nothing special there.  But I grabbed Ed's, yes Ed's, decorating tools and had fun doing the icing.  So so simple and basic, but I am pleased!

Micah, the child I have been neglecting on the blog, has his first game tomorrow night.  I'm not sure if he is more excited to wear the uniform or play.  Poor guy, he wishes this were the big leagues.  He seems to forget that he is playing with Kid #1 that draws in the sand, Kid #2 that walks around the bases NO. MATTER. WHAT. Kid #3 that gets so distracted that you just know he is going to get nailed by a bat or a ball this season and it ain't gonna be pretty.  (I don't even know what kind of sentence or group of sentences that was!)

I secretly like to buy new cleaning supplies.  I have NO IDEA WHY, but I do.  And I just bought a new concentrated one that smells SO GOOD!  It is Mr. Clean and has Febreeze in it.  It's a Hawaiian scent and it smell perfect.  It isn't overbearing, and I think it makes my house smell so fresh.  Tomorrow I may just walk around with a bucket and rag wiping things just to make my house smell good!  Don't laugh!

And lastly, I'm bracing myself for what might be our busiest May in our lives thus far.  I've got 5 days until we go go go nonstop until our vacation.  That's 19 days if you're counting.  I'm really not one for going on and on how busy you are, but I deem this necessary!  So if we disappear for a while, you know why!

Oh, and I almost hate to admit it, but you may find a certain someone getting caught up in the royal wedding tomorrow.  Who doesn't like a Happily Ever After?!
 
Going to eat some Ham and Swiss Quiche with my leftover ham from Easter!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Girl, I'm not going to lie, my DVR is totally set to record the whole thing!!! Chris's quote...."Do I have the only wife going British for the week?"...I'll let him know I'm not alone! :)