Considering its Father's Day, I wanted to give my dad a little shout out! My dad is the best dad I could ever ask for! I've come to realize in my life that there was no mistake or luck or just by chance that he is my dad and I am his daughter. God placed us together by his design.
In celebrating him, let me tell you a little about him...
-He is
madly in love with my mom. As in every marriage, they have had their share of difficulties, by never in my life did I ever doubt my dad's love for my mom. And as a child to have that security is EVERYTHING! They have always been openly affectionate, and enjoy each other's company - two things that have carried over into my marriage thanks to their example!
-He has
overcome obstacles with strength and perseverance. Whether it is working his way from the bottom up in his career or walking through hard times, he has set the example to push through your circumstances. I wish I could go on and on about this one, but I won't!
-He is
fun! My dad is always the source of entertainment. He will always play games, sports especially! He was always the uncle that played football with all the cousins, or took all the kids to the playground. He likes to make a game out of anything!

-He is
funny! My dad has his own sense of humor that makes me laugh. His sarcasm and sometimes twisted MacPherson sense of humor is just "home" to me! One of my favorite childhood memories that happened all the time is watching my aunts and uncles sit around while playing games and just laugh together! That side splitting laugh where you can barely breathe!
-He is
confident in who is he! Because of the last two, he is naturally very silly too! And so with that comes this confidence that he doesn't care what others think about him. I am very different and he knew it! He loved to embarrass me as a kid, and now I can say that I'm somewhat thankful for it! ha!

-He is a
man's man! There is not one feminine thing about my dad! He LOVES to watch and play sports. He loves action movies, even the ones with no purpose other than to just blow things up! He loves to be outside! He is really good at home improvement, you should see my parents' bathroom that they did! He's tough - think sledge hammer to the thumb and lots of blood all in the name of serving the church! He loves to do things with his son! I would've loved to hear his thoughts and be there when he found out he had a son after having two daughters!

-He
loves his girls! He has three daughters and he has that quality. You know the one! The one you see in men who have daughters. There is just something different, something soft to them. And I LOVE that! He has made it through two weddings with one more daughter to marry off. And I will never forget that moment in the back of the church with him before we walked down the aisle. Priceless!
-He is a
Pop (or grandfather)! Our kids LOVE him and always want to go to "Pop's House"! And its been nice having him do some work down in the Richmond area because we've been able to meet him for dinner and get to see him here and there!

-He is a
Believer! God brought him to Himself later in life, and I had the pleasure of experiencing that! To see him be transformed from the old to the new is a top ten moment in my life!
Dad, I love you! I hope that you feel honored and loved and respected this weekend! Know that we love you and are SO blessed to have you in our lives!
1 comment:
I LOVE that picture of you and your dad when you are pregnant. That is stinkin' awesome!!!
Post a Comment