Thought I'd give that background before you saw the following pictures. Life as a Martin boy is never boring, always imaginative, and typically outside.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The life of a Martin Boy
I (Ed) grew up with two older brothers. I guess that means I don't have to explain much else. But I will. My brothers and I hardly spent much time inside when we were little. We had odd, but exciting imaginations where we would go outside and make up weird games and create projects. Summers were not filled with camps and cello practice. Instead, we would be in the backyard early in the morning and come in either when it got dark or after the mosquitos had completely emptied our skinny little legs. Our backyard did not have a blade of grass from 1980-1997.
Thought I'd give that background before you saw the following pictures. Life as a Martin boy is never boring, always imaginative, and typically outside.
This is where it gets interesting. Katie and I bought new dining room chairs which means six 3 foot boxes. Can't let those go to waste. They became the meanest defenders you've ever seen...thanks to my sweet art skills (thanks Mrs. Hadley). Micah wanted to impersonate each one.



Thought I'd give that background before you saw the following pictures. Life as a Martin boy is never boring, always imaginative, and typically outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It all sounds so familar. We (my brother and friend) discovered an island of our very own in the middle of Rock Creek Park. You had to swim to it. It was ours! Of course we were much older at that time than your boys, I was 7, my brother 9.
I feel for the ref signaling '81390' to the scorer's table.
Post a Comment