Micah on the plane and no that is not the ocean in the window. It is the engine, or whatever that thing is, so micah couldn't see anything out the window.We arrived in Orlando that afternoon and enjoyed dinner and catching up with the Beelers. Then left for camp the next day. The camp was perfect for a youth retreat. But it was a little rustic for me. There were a lot of big Florida bugs. I think I ended up with about a hundred ant bites on my feet! We had a watchfrog at our door every evening. I had to be careful not to step on him. And Micah even had a visit from a baby lizard in his bed, that yes, I had to catch. If only you could've seen me with two styrofoam cups trying to catch this bad boy without getting too close!
The kids in the dining hall. Elizabeth had a hard weekend of being single moms. With three toddlers, a baby, and her being pregnant, it got challenging.
After the retreat, on Monday, we went to Sea World. That's us walking in the park. We had a lot of fun, it was pretty hot. Micah really loved seeing all the animals. I'm not sure what his favorite was, either the penguins or sharks.
The day we left. Please ignore Elizabeth and I...how cute are the boys! Micah and Charlie had so much fun together. Charlie taught Micah how to sing in a microphone and play the guitar and sing. For those of you who don't know, Charlie is amazingly musically talented. He LOVES David Crowder! He watched a DVD they have of him. Charlie will set up a microphone, grab his guitar and play along with Crowder, mimicing every move he makes. Not only that, but Charlie does the exact strum pattern on the guitar. He also can keep the beat of any song with his hands and knows all the words to so many songs. It amazed us! It is so cool to see the way God has gifted all our kids in different ways already at their age. And it is exciting to me to think about how God may use that giftedness for His name! One of Micah's gifts is his athletic ability. He will be one of those kids who is good at any sport he plays, and I am not really saying that just because he is my son. Some of you have seen him dribble a basketball. I mean, he's two. But already I'm praying that God will use that for His name, not for Micah's name!
3 comments:
glad you guys had fun!! loved seeing the pics and i laughed out loud reading about the encounters you had with the critters at camp!!
what a FUN trip! you guys look great!!! it was fun to see pics of the beelers too! we totally know what you mean about returning to your schedule... we haven't travelled far in awhile for precisely that reason... no sleep for the little ones=very exhausted parents! glad you all made it back safely!
Ahhh... so jealous. It looks like a blast and am so glad your kids got to enjoy one another along with their parents! It is so hard being at a camp with little ones. It makes for some very tired parents at the end of the day.
Post a Comment