Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 21, 2008

One of my least favorite things...

This morning I experienced yet again one of my least favorite things to do...the grocery store. Yes, you would think that because of the frequency of trips to the grocery store, I would just get used to it and maybe even learn to like it. I even remember as a child dreading going to the store with my mom, not because it was with her, but because it was just so boring to me and no trip is ever quick! There are times that I enjoy the cooking and even planning of meals, but I have never really enjoyed the trip to the store. Except maybe before children, when my husband and I would casually walk down the aisles together enjoying our new life together.
But I have to admit, I hate it. And even more frustrating now is the fact that groceries are so expensive! I've done the coupons, etc, but my grocery bill is so high! I guess the only redeeming factor is the Starbucks that is in the store. I deserve a treat, right? This morning I did get to go to the store without children, thanks to my wonderful husband! This is obviously just one of my least favorite things. What is one of your least favorite things?

3 comments:

Mom said...

I never enjoyed those trips to the store either, and honey it doesn't get better with time. Maybe it's in the genes, because Grandma and I both dislike going grocery shopping and we're married to men who don't mind it. Come to think of it, we should relinquish the chore to the men, but then there's the whole control thing. For me, our grocery bill would be astonomical!

amy said...

ok, now i'm the complete opposite... i LOVE the grocery store! there's just something about planning out meals and then shopping for the ingredients and cooking that i LOVE! the grocery store is my haven to walk the aisles and think of what i want to make and how to make it! of course, my all time favorite is the commissary because it's so cheap! but my least favorite thing... going to the dentist! i detest it!!! and i have to go next thursday... the dread has already set in!!! oh, and potty training. that ranks right up there with the dentist!

Matt and Jen said...

ok the store isn't all that fun, but how hilarious that it's a treat for us when we go ALONE!!! there's no room for groceries when you have 2 kids with you!!! :)
so maybe the dentist for me...oh wait, i don't ever go!!...getting up early when i've gone to bed too late would probably have to be mine!!