Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 4, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New

Well for those of you who have been to our house know that we have a room that needs a lot of help! Our family room looks like it came straight out of the 70's. It had awful wallpaper that was torn down, only to find the walls were not primed before. So long story short our walls are ruined. The ceiling is a popcorn ceiling, yuck, with one ugly fan and no light. There is wood paneling on the bottom half. Did I mention it was very dark wood paneling and trim? Then to top it off, we have a glorious forest green carpet. It is very dark, old, and definitely not decorated.

Well today we have a man coming to fix it! Yeah! He will tear down the walls, Ed is kind of jealous and wants to help him, put them back up and have it ready to paint! Yeah! He is also going to get rid of the popcorn ceiling and then we will have recessed lighting! Yeah! So for a week to week and a half our house will be in shambles, but all a price I'm willing to pay to have it done before baby #2 comes.

It is one of those things we could've done ourselves, but just didn't have the time to do it. So I am so thankful for this man, whom Ed calls Gary Sheetrock! I don't even know his real name!
So here are before pictures and then I will show you after pictures later.

2 comments:

amy said...

we can definitely emphathize with the wallpaper story... story of our lives for buying a 1960's house.... thankfully we only had 1 room with paneling and it's got tons of windows that make it bright!! :) hope the results are FABULOUS!!!

sheltonfamily said...

I understand this process from our 1959 home! However, it has been remodeled so it is nice. You will love the popcorn ceiling and paneling gone! I think the lighting makes all the difference. We just got a new ceiling fan and wow it makes the whole room not look so old!