Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Beloved "Paci"

Well Monday was the day...we decided we had had enough with the paci attachment and Micah needed to get past it. Well Monday night while Micah was in the bath I cut the tip off. I didn't think this would be an emotional thing, but boy was I wrong! Ed got him dressed while I cleaned up the bath and all I remember is Micah come running into the bathroom with paci. He held it up to me and said "Mama broke". I just about cried right there. I felt so evil! I mean he didn't do anything to deserve this horrible crime. He put it in his mouth and couldn't suck on it, so he just chewed it. It was one of the saddest night of our life. He had a hard time getting to sleep that night, but he never even mentioned it the next day. Occasionally he'll say "paci" and I'll say "Remember paci broke". Then he's ok.
My little boy is growing up. He's just the cutest thing ever.

His new favorite thing is to put on his helmet and ride the bike with his daddy. Here is the latest bike adventure!

6 comments:

wes mcmurray said...

It makes me want to cry...
how could you. Jenn and I decided a long time ago, that Owen can use it until he starts driving...

sheltonfamily said...

I love this picture... What a sweet little boy. Yeah, we took it away and then we started traveling all summer,moving, long car rides, two kids, etc... and now Ellie has it back! She loves it so much. I think you did it at a great age just don't have another baby anytime soon cause then they'll take it from their little brother or sister!

wes mcmurray said...

Katie,
This is the cutest picture of Micah. I love him.
Sad about the paci, it definitely is an attachment. I'm not ready yet. Love you, Jenn

amy said...

we completely understand about the paci woes!!! we had abby weaned off hers except at bedtime by 8 months... and then this summer when we started traveling to camps and having visitors and a quite chaotic life, she reverted back to it! now i'm afraid to wean her again because i know when Josiah arrives, she'll see his and take it (see holly's note... i witnessed ellie stealing anna's first hand! :) ) but i'm glad you all managed to clear the hurdle! ps... your posting on pages inspired us to go buy the cd... we absolutely LOVE it. amazing!!!

Stephanie said...

Katie and Ed,
He is so sweet...could that picture be any cuter? I'm sad for him about his paci, but don't look back!! I'm sure he's past it now, right?

Newly Knable said...

Aunt Deeta can't watch him without the Paci... I don't have the mommy thing yet - what will I do?! Oh yea. My dancing always makes him laugh - is it really that bad? Such a cutie - I love him so much! You and Ed too. Miss you guys a ton - keep these posts coming - even if they're just pics.